Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church

Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church was built as a memorial to John and Charles Wesley, founders of the Methodist movement, through national fund raising. Rocky from the early beginnings in 1868, the church was not dedicated until 1890, because of reconstruction money woes and a yellow fever epidemic. John Wesley lived in Savannah in 1736-37 while rector at Christ Episcopal Church prior to returning to England to eventually found Methodism with his brother Charles. The Gothic - Revival influenced sanctuary of this busy parish seats 1000 worshipers and overlooks Calhoun Square.

Location:
429 Abercorn St.

Phone:
(912) 232 - 0191

 

http://www.wesleymonumental.org