King-Tisdell Cottage

The King - Tisdell Cottage is a restored 1896 Victorian cottage named for Eugene and Sarah King and Mrs. King's second husband, Robert Tisdell. This important museum currently serves as an African American culture and history museum and features art objects, documents and furniture appropriate to the 1890's. The King - Tisdell Cottage is one of the informative stops on the Negro Heritage Trail Tour.

The King - Tisdell mission statement from their web site reads in part "to research, collect, interpret and present African American history and culture through exhibits, art, films, lectures, oral history, tours and publications. The Foundation endeavors to promote and disseminate information concerning this history and to celebrate the contributions of African Americans, especially in Georgia and the Sea Islands of South Carolina. The Foundation seeks to foster continued interracial understanding and appreciation of different cultures."

Location:
514 E. Huntingdon St.

Phone:
(912) 234 - 8000

Operating Hours:
Open Mon. - Fri. 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.;
Sat. - Sun. - 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
 

http://www.kingtisdell.org