Franklin Square
Franklin Square was laid out in 1790 and named for Benjamin Franklin, Philadelphia born and bred American statesman who served as agent for the Colony of Georgia from 1768 to 1775. This is the northwestern most situated historic district square of 23 garden squares in the historic district located between the western most border of City Market and the First African Baptist Church.