Reynolds Square
This square flanked by several renowned Bed and Breakfast establishments as well as being in close proximity to the Pink House Restaurant was originally called Lower New Square. This square was home to the Filature, where silk was woven from silkworm cocoons during the colony's failed experiment to establish the silk industry in Georgia. The square is named for Captain John Reynolds, governor of Georgia in 1754. A prominent statue of the founder of the Methodist Church in England, Rev. John Wesley, was erected here in Reynolds Square in 1969 by the Methodists in the state of Georgia.