Liberty Square
This square was laid out in 1799 but later lost much of it's original grandeur as historic Savannah spread out to the west, south, and east of the historic district. The original location "was" on Montgomery Street across from the present day Chatham County Courthouse.

Liberty Square was named to honor America's newly found independence in the late 1700's. Today, all that is left is an abbreviated grassy area adjacent to the Chatham County Court House.