Telfair Square
Named St. John's Square at it's original inception, Telfair Square was later re-named to honor Georgia Governor Edward Telfair as well as the Telfair family property overlooking this square. Today, the Telfair Museum complex is a major point of interest that dominates this square. This is one of the few historic district squares to officially have its name changed (change took place in 1833) after the original name was initiated. Telfair square, the western most square on the second line of squares running north to south is strategically placed in the historic district, being in close proximity to the many boutiques shops and restaurants on Broughton St. and just a few more steps further bringing our guests to bustling City Market with it's many tourist attractions.