SCAD - Pepe Hall

The original Barnard Street School of 1854 was used by General Sherman's Union Army as a military hospital during the Civil War. On this site, a new school was erected in 1906, using the same floor plan employed by Gottfried L. Norrman in the construction of Anderson Street School. The 20,759-square-foot Mediterranean Revival style building has a battered brick basement and a central tapering bell tower above the entrance portico. The spacious facility houses the art history and architectural history departments, as well as the college's extensive slide library.

Location:
212 W. Taylor St.


 

http://www.scad.edu