Chatham Square
Chatham Square is the western most square on the last line of squares in the historic district. This lovely garden square surrounded by Victorian era townhouses and Savannah College of Art and Design (Barnard Street School) was built in 1847. In 1851 Chatham Square was named in honor of William Pitt, The Earl of Chatham. The county that Savannah resides in, Chatham County, also shares the same name as Chatham Square.